Assessing and Managing Risk in Psychological Practice: An Individualized Approach
Samuel Knapp, Ed.D., ABPP; Jeffrey N. Younggren, Ph.D., ABPP; Leon VandeCreek, Ph.D., ABPP; Eric Harris, J.D., Ed.D.; and Jana N. Martin, Ph.D.
Second Edition Information
Many new areas of practice have emerged along with new methods of communication between therapists and patients since the introduction of this popular book and independent learning course. Some of these changes have resulted in uncertainty for psychologists regarding ethics and professional liability. With its goal to provide psychologists with helpful and relevant risk management guidance, The Trust has gathered experts to research new issues facing the profession and to present a variety of practical strategies.
With the Second Edition of Assessing and Managing Risk in Psychological Practice: An Individualized Approach, The Trust and The Trust Practice and Risk Management Association (TrustPARMA) have updated their core ethics and risk management principles and provided important new information — all designed to help psychologists identify and understand some of the ethical and legal implications of psychology practice today. Topics include:
- Emerging areas such as forensic services and coaching
- Digital forms of interaction and social media
- Privacy, confidentiality and privileged communications
- Multiple relationships and boundaries
- Working with couples, families and children
- Psychologists in the courtroom
- Psychological assessment and testing
- Potentially suicidal or dangerous patients
- Business, retirement and insurance concerns
What You Should Know
- Eight CE Credits and a 10% Savings: Earn 8 ethics continuing education credits and a 10% savings off your Trust Sponsored Professional Liability Insurance premium at your next renewal by reading this publication and passing an online exam.
- Free eBook Downloads for Trust Insureds: Download a FREE Second Edition eBook (PDF, ePub or Mobi) through your account at The Trust Online Service Center.
- Hard Copies: A printed copy of the Second Edition can be purchased here ($8.95 for Trust insureds, $39.95 for non-insureds ).